N7000XXLQ3 Slovenia Si.Mobil Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware update for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 now officially released on Kies. This is now the latest software update from previous build 2.3.6 N7000XXLC1.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Version: Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
3 Ways on How to Upgrade your Galaxy Note to official Ice Cream Sandwich
How to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note on Kies
Download Kies for Samsung Galaxy Note, Windows and Mac users.
- Download Kies for Windows and Mac users,
- Install it on your PC
- Run the software then connect your Galaxy Note to PC using the supplied USB cable
- Just follow the on-screen instruction on Kies software to update your device
How to Upgrade the Galaxy Note via OTA (Over the Air)
- An automatic notification message from your carrier provider will be sent to you.
- You can also Goto> settings>phone info> and then check for software update.
How to Manually Upgrade by Odin Flasher
This procedure might help you to manually upgrade your Galaxy Note to the latest Ice Cream Sandwich tweaks if you doesn’t receive yet any update on Kies or via OTA. This might also useful to some users if Kies doesn’t recognize their devices on software upgrading due to some reasons of installing custom ROM or by means of rooting.
This method is by using the original stock ROM and flashing with Odin downloader tool. If this is your first time heard about this method, just make a careful research first before attempting to follow this guide.
- Odin downloader - Odin3 v1.85
- Pit file: Q1-20110914_16GB.pit (Only needed for full flashing if your Galaxy Note currently runs with any Custom ROM and needs Re-partition)
- Driver: You must have Kies installed on your PC to have the necessary driver for Galaxy Note installed as well.
- Supplied USB cable wire for Galaxy Note (ensure that it is in 100% working)
- A good PC USB serial port to avoid setup connection errors
- Then your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 not GT-I9220 for it comes with other firmware build
Original Galaxy Note ICS Stock ROM:
You must only download and install the right stock firmware according to your devices country or carrier origin to avoid any functionality issues. Do not attempt to flash the following stock ROM on US and Canada versions like the AT&T Galaxy Note LTE I717, Rogers, Telus and Bell Galaxy Note I717R. Check your device system details first by typing *#1234# and get the stock ROM on below links that match for your device.
Stock ROM: GT-N7000_SIM_N7000XXLQ3_N7000OXXLP7
ICS Odin Flash Guide for Galaxy Note GT-N7000
1) Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM
2) Run Odin Downloader v1.85 flasher program.
3) Load the binary file.
A. Single file only – This firmware comes in a single packed mostly from recent updates that is fulled from official Samsung Kies firmware server. The PDA, MODEM and CSC file are in one single packaged. Single pack oftentimes comes as a NON-WIPE version, it means it does not delete or wipe your stored data from the phone’s memory after flashing.
Once you extracted this file, you”ll find a .tar.md5 file extension to it.
Just load the file on the PDA box. Just click on the PDA button then select and load it.
DO NOT check ‘Repartition’ because there is no PIT file is loaded. This is safe for upgrade and downgrade only when the device is currently running the official firmware.
Check these: Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Prepare the Device Into Download Mode: Turn-Off the phone first or remove the battery for a couple of seconds then put it back again. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5. Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to color yellow when the phone is properly connected and already recognize with Odin.
6.Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7. DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
8.Wait until the phone completely reboots, then unplug it from PC.
Do factory reset again after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, or by code *2767*3855# to gain a fresh firmware installed and to get rid of the bootloops issues.