Since, I posted the N7000XXLPY earlier, some users are asking if the said ICS firmware update can also be use on other countries like the rest of Europe and Asia. Yes! it does, for all Galaxy Note international variants are the same, except for the US and Canada version which are different from the global version and uses a different firmware build. I only personally tested this installation method on the unbranded or unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and not on the carrier branded variants, but if you'll try to do so, just proceed at your own risk.
Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. You may proceed at your own risk!.
How to Install N7000XXLPY ICS Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000Download all needed files:
Odin Flasher Tool
- Odin Flasher - Odin3 v1.85
- Pit file: Q1-20110914_16GB.pit (Only needed for full flashing if your Galaxy Note currently runs with any Custom ROM and needs Re-partition)
- USB Driver: (Only needed yo don't have Kies installed on your PC )
- Supplied USB cable wire for Galaxy Note (ensure that it is in 100% working)
- A good PC USB serial port to avoid setup connection errors
- Then your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 not GT-I9220 for it comes with other firmware build
Original Galaxy Note N7000XXLPY ICS Stock ROM Do not ever attempt to flash the following stock ROM on US and Canada versions like the AT&T Galaxy Note LTE I717, Rogers, Telus and Bell Galaxy Note I717R. Check your device system details first by typing *#1234# and get the stock ROM on below links that match for your device.
Firmware info: PDA: N7000XXLPY | CSC: N7000OXALPY | PHONE: N7000XXLPT
Android version: 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build Date: 5/4/2012 3:54:36 PM
Stock ROM: GT-N7000_DBT_ICS_4.0.3_N7000XXLPY_N7000OXALPY_N7000XXLPT
Before you proceed prepare the necessary things to do as follows:
- This is a non-wipe stock firmware, installing will not delete the data store from the phone's memory, but it's highly recommended to create a back up copy of all important files store from the device, just in-case anything went wrong for this we are talking flashing firmware here.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery is fully charge to ensure stability and avoid power failure issues.
-Close all softwares, such as KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls, to prevent the possible conflicts.
-Prepare a personal computer or laptop with Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later OS, and you must deactivate the antivirus from your computer and you must have an administrator access, to be able to download and install the drivers.
- Do a hard reset, (Full Reset: *2767*3855#) this will clean the memory cache of your device and get rid of flashing failures.
or press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset
This guide was originally created by Androidromupdate.com
1)Extract the downloaded firmware or stock ROM
2) Run Odin Downloader v1.85 program.
3) Load the binary file.
A. Single file only – This firmware comes in a single packed mostly on recent updates that is fulled from official Samsung Kies firmware server. The PDA, MODEM and CSC file are in one single packaged.
Once you extracted this file, you”ll find a .tar.md5 file extension to it.
(I used Germany Stock Firmware on this guide since its the first official ICS firmware release)
Just load the file on the PDA box. Just click on the PDA button then select and load it.
DO NOT check ‘Re-Partition’ because there is no PIT file is loaded. This is safe for upgrade when the device is currently running the official firmware, only the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes.
4) Prepare the Device Into Download Mode: Turn-Off the phone first or remove the battery for a couple of seconds then put it back again. Now Press and hold the Volume Down, HOME and Power ON button at the same time). You will then presented into a “Warning Message” screen, just press the Volume Up to continue. Once the Android robot and a “Downloading” message appears.
5. Connect USB data cable to Phone. The ID:COM box will highlight and turn to color yellow when the phone is properly connected and already recognize with Odin.
6.Tick the ‘START’ button when all is set and ready to begin flashing.
7. DO NOT Interrupt, touch nor do anything when the phone is already in flashing progress mode. You’ll messed up the phone if you accidentally interfere the installation. Wait until a word “PASS” appears on the left side of the Odin screen, it is an indication that the installation successfully completes. (If you get failed errors, check the USB connection condition, repeat the whole process)
Do factory reset again after flashing.
Press and hold Volume Up+ Home+Power button, then select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, or by code *2767*3855# to gain a fresh firmware installed and to get rid of the bootloops issues.
9. Change to your own Local Text Language in the phone settings, since the default language is Dutch.